The OT Company is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out how your information is used, stored and protected when you visit the site www.theotcompany.com (the ‘Website’). Please therefore read the following carefully. If you have any questions, comments or requests about this policy, please get in touch at email@example.com
The OT Company is the trading name for The OT Company (UK) Ltd. with registered office address Unit 1 The Cam Centre, Wilbury Way, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 0TW, United Kingdom.
This policy is effective from 7 September 2018, but it is advisable to regularly refer to this page for any updates, which may be made from time to time. By continuing to use this website you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
Personal information collected:
The following data will be collected about you:
- Your personal information, which you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This may include your name and surname, email address and telephone number.
- If you contact The OT Company, a record of that correspondence may be kept.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
How your personal information is used:
Your information will be used in the following ways:
- To communicate with you for the purpose of which you provided your information.
- To provide you with information, by way of email, on The OT Company services and products which may be of interest to you.
- To contact you for market research in order to make general improvements to the Website.
- To invite you to participate in interactive features of The OT Company services and products, when you choose to do so.
- To carry out the obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and The OT Company.
- To notify you about changes to The OT Company services and products.
Sharing of your personal information:
Your personal information will not be shared with third parties without your express permission to do so. However, please refer to the below instances in which your personal information may be disclosed to third parties:
- In the event that The OT Company sells or buys any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
How your personal information is stored:
All information you provide is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where you are given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are asked not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although The OT Company will do its best to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information has been received, The OT Company will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Website may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and for aggregation purposes. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you personally.
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on your computer by your web browser whilst you are browsing. This helps to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Website. Cookies also provide insights into how visitors use the Website, such as page views, which allows improvements to the Website. Data gathered via cookies will not identify you personally.
You may elect to decline all cookies via your computer. Every computer has the ability to decline file downloads like cookies. Your browser has an option to enable the declining of cookies. If you do decline cookie downloads you may be limited to certain areas of the Website, as there are parts of the site that require cookies.
Linking to other websites:
The Website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that The OT Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. It is your responsibility to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Controlling your information:
You have the right to ask for your personal data not to be processed for research or marketing purposes. If you have in the past agreed to your personal data being used for said purposes, you can change your mind at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferences.
Access to information:
You have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs in providing you with details of the information The OT Company holds about you.